Regional Staff Accountant
We believe in a world where growth thrives across borders and cultures. That’s why our Founder and CEO Rick Hammell started Atlas, coining the term Employer of Record (EOR) simultaneously. As an EOR, Atlas employs people to work for companies anywhere in the world. Before we came along, the only businesses offering a similar solution were essentially brokers. They’d outsource your HR and payroll services to third-party providers in different countries. Today, we’re the only 100% Direct EOR in the world, partnering with clients to get to market 82% faster, at a reduced cost, and with lower risk through local expertise in over 160 countries.
Atlas technology powers the idea that companies can employ whoever they want, wherever they are in the world. Through our cloud-based platform, we deliver the Human Resources infrastructure that underpins international growth, leaving companies free to focus on the strategy that makes it happen. We partner with our clients through their international life cycle from the first dip in the global pool until the moment it’s time to set up their own entities and run payroll. Atlas is here from point A to point Z.
The future of work is borderless, and so are we. So, it helps that our people are located around the globe — in the US, UK, India, China and beyond — and speak 90+ languages. Diversity and inclusion are at our core.
We’re excited about our next phase of growth. We’re launching new tech, adding new solutions and now we’re looking for YOU — eager for a challenge, energized by innovation and aligned with our mission to deliver a future of work without borders.
Reporting to the Regional Senior Staff Accountant, Africa, the Regional Staff Accountant is ensuring financial & tax compliance of multiple countries in the Africa region, follows local as well as company processes, policies and procedures as may be directed, working with the local professional service providers, and coordinating with global functions under guidance of Regional Senior Staff Accountant. The candidate ensures a complete flow of tasks right from the requirements during the set up of a new entity to ensuring full local and global compliances of the entities assigned including month-end processes. The candidate will work with various team members in a collaborative environment to improve business processes, training materials, data clean-up, and ongoing support including assignments during software transitions. This is an ideal position for an independent contributor.
Key Responsibilities (Regional Staff Accountant)
- Manages all regional country compliances (including providing trial balances and other supporting documents) with in-country local providers for accounting, tax (income tax, VAT/GST/Sales tax, property tax, business tax and annual reports) and filing purposes;
- Ensures journal entries are properly documented and supported; Makes payroll postings and other entries in the accounting system, provides support to the Treasury in fund-transfer process;
- Prepares local financial information in collaboration with local Partners, reviews and files various returns;
- Drives monthly reconciliation process for the regional financials during month-end close;
- Functional Accounting System expert, able to provide training as required on overall processes and procedures;
- Coordinates with global functions for any required adjustments to the financials, variance analysis and always maintaining supporting accounting documentation;
- Supports the Compliance Team in entity set up and opening of bank accounts;
- Support data migration as well as setting up of new accounting software as may be required;
- Partners cross-departmental team and provide relevant financial information required for any business operation;
- Works with Regional Senior Staff Accountant, Regional Finance Director, and other team members for any ad-hoc project as may be required.
About You (Regional Staff Accountant)
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in accounting or financial environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Multi-national exposure is essential for this role.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is required.
- OHADA experience beneficial
- Good organizational, time management, and customer service skills.
- Audit experience from management accounting or audit firm is an advantage.
- Data-driven person must be detail oriented with an eye for mistakes.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer (Regional Staff Accountant)
- The opportunity to work with a purpose — simplifying global expansion while supporting sustainable communities around the world
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 40 nationalities represented, 90+ languages spoken, and a workforce made up of 52% women
- Flexible PTO and birthdays off
- Growth and development opportunities with access to Coursera – a leading learning and certification provider
- The opportunity to challenge yourself in a high-performing organization and leave each day knowing you have made an impact.
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job. Other duties or skills may be required.
Atlas Technology Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Atlas is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Atlas are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Atlas will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Atlas encourages applicants of all ages.
This role may be subject to a background check after an employment offer has been made and final employment will be subject to a positive result, in addition, reference may be requested at the final stage of the process.
This job section ONLY contains summarized details of available jobs therefore it is NOT the official job page. We strive to keep you abreast of job information across several regions and we endeavor to keep the information provided updated and correct.
JOBS2 weeks ago
Virtual Assistant Job
JOBS2 weeks ago
Data Entry Clerk (Senior)
JOBS7 days ago
General Virtual Assistant Job
JOBS2 weeks ago
Financial analyst Jobs
JOBS2 weeks ago
Customer Support Jobs
JOBS2 weeks ago
Data Analyst Job
JOBS1 week ago
Customer Service Representative Job
JOBS5 days ago